It was just the other day when I wrote about preparing for my written driver’s license exam by picking up a copy of the Traffic Code Handbook. Turned out to be a useful little book actually, sort of like Bermuda’s version of Cliff Notes. I learned that a double white line on the road is like a double yellow in the States, that’s it’s illegal to “dazzle” other drivers with your headlights, and that I should watch for signs denoting the crossing of cattle, wild fowl, or horse drawn vehicles. Your basic stuff really. Trusty book in hand, I set off to the TCD to take my test and guess what? I passed! Although this doesn’t mean I’m fit to drive legally, just that I’ve earned a learner’s permit—the next step in a mind-blowingly long process to obtain one’s license. Permit in hand, I can now book a lesson with a local instructor who’ll no doubt give me a few pointers about mastering the driving test—and most importantly—arrange for an exam sooner than 2010. Unfortunately I’m only half-joking about that last part. The TCD is happy to schedule you for a driving test once you obtain a permit, but it’s not going to be anytime soon, the very reason why one needs to hire a driving instructor to grease the wheels so to speak. So be it. I don’t really care what I have to do to get my driver’s license, I’m just looking forward to handing over the keys to my rental scooter.
Can GE really send the same broken part eight times?
16 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment