Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Maybe it’s the onset of shoulder season, but there seems to be quite a few Bermuda travel deals floating around the web these days. On Tuesday I told you about a hotel steal from the Department of Tourism, yesterday The Reefs hotel in Southampton went on sale for veterans, and today I found this little gem—a three-night golf package from the luxurious Pink Beach Club in Tucker’s Town for $2,200. But is it really a deal? Here’s what included: A three night stay in an oceanfront junior suite (like the one above), two rounds of golf at Tucker’s Point Golf Club, two sleeves of golf balls per person, one golf cap, one bottle of wine, roundtrip hotel transfers plus a full English breakfast, afternoon tea, and a five-course dinner daily. Sounds like a lot, but the only way to know if it’s truly a deal is to see what the package costs if booked separately, so let’s do the math.
- Three nights in an oceanfront suite: $495 per night plus $198 gratuities, $107 government tax and $59 resort levy. Total accommodations $1,849.
- Two rounds of golf per person: $250 per 18 holes. Total golf $1,000.
- Twelve golf balls: $40 (this is Bermuda after all)
- Golf cap: $20
- Bottle of wine: $20
- Hotel transfers: $40 each way. Total $80
- Breakfast daily: always included in rack rates
- Afternoon tea: always included in rack rates
- Dinner daily: always included in rack rates
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009